By: Nathan Dube on November 4th, 2021
Where Should You Buy Single-Wound And Centerfold Shrink Film?
Perhaps you are new to purchasing shrink film, and you are looking for the proper vendor to buy your flexible packaging films from.
Then again, maybe you have a few different products that you are already packaging on your in-house packaging line. And, you are using both single-wound and centerfold shrink films for various applications.
Regardless of your reasons for purchasing these films, you are looking for the best packaging materials vendor to buy from.
You want to make sure that you choose the most appropriate vendor for your business and your purchasing requirements.
You have found many options by searching online, word of mouth, and other avenues of information collecting. But, what you really want is a guide to choosing the right vendor for your unique needs.
Fortunately, you will find that this article has precisely what you are looking for.
As a multi-generational packaging materials vendor, Industrial Packaging has helped countless clients chose the right packaging supplies partner, even if it is not ultimately us! And we can do the same for you.
This article will review your options for packaging materials vendors. After reading this article, you will be able to choose the packaging materials seller that makes the most sense for your business, products, and personal requirements.
Where Can You Buy Single-Wound And Centerfold Shrink Film?
When it comes to buying shrink film, you have a few different options. Below, we will explore the vendors and sources from which you can buy your single-wound and centerfold shrink films.
1. Packaging Machinery Manufacturers
Shrink film manufacturers are vendors who make the film. They are the foremost experts on the brand of packaging materials that they sell.
However, some manufacturers will not sell directly to the consumer. In this case, you will have to buy from a packaging distributor or another type of vendor who sells the brand of packaging materials that you want to buy.
2. Packaging Machinery Distributors
What if your desired brand of packaging machinery cannot be bought from the manufacturer? In that case, you may need to buy your shrink films from a packaging distributor. Packaging distributors sell various brands of packaging materials.
They can look at your packaging requirements and advise which brand of film is best for your needs.
Buying shrink films from a distributor may sometimes be more expensive. Still, you will usually get knowledgeable local sales and service people who can help you get the most out of your shrink films.
3. On-Line Vendors
With e-com stores, you have many options to choose from. Popular online vendors include Amazon, Alibaba, and similar eCommerce sites. However, many packaging distributors and manufacturers also have their own e-com stores.
Purchasing your films from a business like Amazon may result in a similar experience. But, as you are usually purchasing from independent sellers, they may or may not be able to meet the same lead times. Your desired film's product information and availability may not be up to the same standards as a distributor or manufacturer.
Purchasing films from an eCommerce website may be a good choice if you prefer the simplicity of shopping from home.
4. Home Improvement Department Stores
Home and garden stores like Lowes or Home Depot offer another option for purchasing shrink film. You can buy shrink film at these stores and inspect the rolls of film before you make a purchase.
Want to learn more about shrink film?
Which Type Of Packaging Materials Vendor Should You Choose?
But, to make the right decision for your needs, you will have to answer a selection of questions first. After answering these questions, you will know which type of packaging materials seller is best suited for your unique requirements.
- Do you want to buy your shrink film in bulk? - If you answered yes, you will want to buy your shrink film from a packaging manufacturer or packaging distributor.
- Do you want to get advice on which brand of shrink film is right for your business? - If you answered yes, you will want to buy from a distributor. Packaging distributors are not limited to selling only one brand of film. They can advise you on which brand and type of shrink film is best for your products.
- Have you already identified the type of shrink film that is right for your packaging applications? - If you answered yes, you may want to buy directly from the manufacturer as they would be the foremost experts on that brand of film. However, not all manufacturers will sell directly to the consumer. In which case, you will have to buy that brand of film from another source.
- Are you only buying 1-5 rolls of shrink film? - If you answered yes, you have the option of buying from an online retailer. This could be a company like Amazon. They will likely allow you to get the best price as you can compare roll costs from various eCommerce sources.
- Do you want to be able to ask questions about the film and get advice on which is correct for you? - If you answered yes, you will want to purchase your shrink film from a packaging manufacturer or a packaging distributor.
- Are you looking to get the most affordable shrink film? - If you answered yes, you will want to shop around online.
- Do you want to get the absolute highest quality film currently available for your applications? - If you answered yes, you will want to purchase your shrink film from a packaging distributor or packaging manufacturer.
- Do you want to avoid going into a brick-and-mortar retailer? - If you answered yes, you will want to buy your shrink film online.
How Much Does Shrink Film Cost?
After reading the article above, you should know which type of packaging materials vendor is the best type of seller to buy your shrink films from.
But, you are probably wondering, how much does shrink film cost? Would you like to know the price of shrink film?
If you said yes, you would want to read this sister article, Shrink Wrap Film Cost: Factors That Influence Price & How To Calculate.
With the information in this article, you will know what the base price for shrink film is. And, you will have everything you need to calculate the total cost for your specific shrink film requirements before you buy!
About Nathan Dube
As the Digital Marketing Specialist at Industrial Packaging, I am honored to create content for such a phenomenal company and work with one of the greatest teams in the Packaging Industry. Whether creating a video, writing blog posts or generating other pieces of content and multimedia, I am always excited to help educate and inspire our prospects and clients to reach their highest potential in regards to their packaging processes and needs.